Toby Knops, Peter Michael Marino and The Peoples Improv Theater, are pleased to announce the return of SOLOCOM NYC!
SOLOCOM is a celebration of the many hilarious performers who have decided to let themselves and themselves alone speak for their work. This weekend-long showcase of original work will feature solo sketch artists, storytellers, stand ups and everything in between. Best of all, this funny material will be premiering for the very first time. Every show will be brand new! Brand new!? Yes! We’re going to make SOLOCOM 2014 the biggest celebration of new comedic solo work that NYC has to offer.
Join the fun all day and night on November 15th & 16th at The PIT. 123 East 24th St. Between Park and Lexington Avenues. Super close to the subways, the buses and every cabbie knows how to get here.
1) Must be a solo performer (musical accompaniment is ok)
2) Must be at least 50% all new material
3) Must be a comedy or have a fair amount of comedy material
Have ideas? Great! Submissions are now open: Click here to apply!
- Application deadline – Midnight Sept 5. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Early application fee is $15 if submitted by midnight Aug 25. After Aug. 25, application fee is $20.
- Applications will be reviewed between Sept 6-10.
- Acceptance emails will be sent to all applicants Sept 15, and participant acceptance replies must be received by Sept 19 to insure inclusion in SOLOCOM.
- Shows will be announced the week of Sept 22.
- Your show will either be in the Striker or Underground theater
- All participants are responsible for hiring and paying their own booth technician, and we will be happy to provide a list of approved PIT techs.